Our Running Chat

Introduce Yourself! Right On!

Hey Everybody! This is a brand new site and so maybe we should introduce ourselves and use this topic to get to know each other a little bit!

I’ll go first, my name is Chris O’Brien. I prefer running trails, but roads can also get the job done. But I really do prefer to run trails. I get picked on for always being able to be found on the Mendon 10k loop. I run other places too!

Jeffrey McBeth, tech nerd, hanger-on, erstwhile trail runner. Plan to be on the 10k loop this weekend

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m Jaime and I just like to run… I prefer trails but still have love for roads and even (gasp) my treadmill :joy: I love being goofy when running and out on adventures ( air swimming, skipping, run dancing…) and I LOVE ‘dad’ jokes.

2 Likes

Josh Frankel. I love trails, but run a fair amount of roads during training too. Always up for a fun trail adventure! I enjoy the convenience of those east-side trails so run a lot at Mendon or Crescent

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Tom. I lived in the Rochester area for 10+ years but then got sucked back into the 315 by family and now I’m in Pulaski. I still like to get out to Rochester and experience the running scene when I can. I miss Boughton Park the most.
I like to do all kinds of running and I’m also just a fan of the sport and community. I gravitate to the laid back trail scene end of running.

2 Likes

Pete Kresock, from Ithaca. I’m here 'cuz I like trails, running, and trail running, and @ChrisO guilted me into joining :grinning: I’ve met several of you in real life at races in the Rochester and/or Ithaca areas.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Ellie and soon shall be moving to the Roc :smile: am looking forward to meeting y’all!

3 Likes

Movin to the B-Roc. :slight_smile:

I just got to your podcast announcement. Congratulations on all the changes.

Jesse Canfield. Podcast addict, son of the Catskills. Fan of bad ideas

2 Likes

Hi Jesse! Glad ya joined.
I made it down to the Catskills twice this winter… well… once in the winter and once in the “spring”

2 Likes

Catskills have long been on my list of need to hike places

There is no spring there is only winter and winter lite

1 Like